If you have any questions while going through the information, feel free to reach out through my contact form and I’ll be in touch soon!
HOW TO MAKE A WEBSITE/BLOG
Below are my main guides on WebsiteSetup.org that will show you exactly how to get your own website up-and-running. Take a look:
- How to Make a Website (with WordPress): The easiest & simplest way to set up a new website.
- How to Create a Blog: Guide to setting up a blog and getting started with blogging.
- How to Build a Website (with Joomla): Building a website using Joomla platform.
- How to Build a Website (with Drupal): Building a website using Drupal platform.
DOMAINS & WEB HOSTING
- Web Hosting Explained: In this article, I explain what is web hosting, why it’s needed and what types of web hosting are currently available.
- How to Choose a Domain Name: My 10 tips and common mistakes that people make. Most important ones are #1, #7 and #9.
- How to Register a Domain Name: Step-by-step guide on how to register a domain name using GoDaddy or NameCheap. Tips for finding a FREE domain name.
- Bluehost Hosting: The web hosting company that I currently use and recommend. They’re cheap ($2.95/mo) and throw in a FREE domain name.
- How to Sign up with Bluehost: Guide that goes through the registration process of Bluehost and one-click-install for WordPress, Joomla & Drupal.
WORDPRESS. JOOMLA. DRUPAL
- WordPress vs Drupal vs Joomla: There are MANY platforms to use for a new website. Here’s a breakdown of the Pros and Cons of the three most popular options.
- Top CMS Platforms and Usage: I collected a bunch of data and put together this statistical post (usage of website/CMS platforms).
- How to Install WordPress/Joomla/Drupal on Bluehost: Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to install most common CMS on Bluehost.
- Shopify vs. WordPress for E-Commerce? When, for Whom, and Why: Shopify is easy to use, but WordPress offers more flexibility. Which one should you choose, and why?
- 32 Bloggers Reveal Their Favourite Site Building Platform: And the winner is WordPress.
- Additional Web Design Software: Want to know more than WordPress & Joomla? Here you go.
MORE HOW-TO GUIDES for WordPress
- How to Customize WordPress Blogs & Websites: 5000 word guide from setting to making it more faster and secure.
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your WordPress Website: You’ve got a site up-and-running, but how do people get in touch? You’re doing this for leads, customers and notes from your adoring fans after all, right?!
- How to Create a WordPress E-Store using WooCommerce Plugin: Selling products directly from your new site doesn’t have to be difficult. Here’s a quick video that will show you how to use the WP e-commerce plugin to set-up a new online store in under five minutes. Alternatively, I made a similar guide for Shopify, too.
- Best (FREE) Plugins for WordPress Blogs and Websites: My favourite “must have” plugins that I use on every Website/Blog that I build.
- Website Builders Review: I’m not a big fan of website builders, but if you want to try something, take a look at my case study.
- Favicon Generator for WordPress
HTML & CSS Guides (Not for Beginners)
- HTML Beginner’s Guide: The sooner you learn the basics of HTML, the better. But don’t worry – this guide is more of an introduction to the HTML world (not an all encompassing guide to coding a website from scratch).
- HTML Cheat Sheet: Don’t worry about memorizing each and every new HTML5 tag. Simply download this cheatsheet and use it as a reference when needed.
- HTML Periodical Table: An interactive periodic table to help you learn each tag or get a quick reminder on the fly.
- CSS Cheat Sheet: CSS3 contains many new properties and selectors. Here’s a starting list of some the new features already being implemented by modern web browsers.
- jQuery Cheat Sheet:
TRAFFIC & PASSIVE INCOME
- How to Increase Website Traffic: My personal strategies that I used to grow WebsiteSetup.org from 0 to 250k visits/month.
- How to Monetize Website or Blog (33 Ways): There are TONS of ways to make money from a website. In fact, I’ve listed out 33 of them to give you an idea of all the ways a new site can be lucrative.
- Create a Webpage by Yourself or Use Outsourcing?: Several times a month, people ask me if they can really setup a new website, or if they should outsource everything (even on a limited budget). Here’s the answer I always give.
- Best Email Marketing Services: Building an email list is super-important. Here’s quick overview on 5 best email marketing services.
- Frequently Asked Questions: I’ve listed some of the most other common questions that come in from readers, along with my standard replies. This resource will continue to grow over time, so be sure to check back often.
Phew – that’s it! I’m currently adding new content on weekly and monthly basis, so be sure to check back soon.
If you have any questions, feedback or ANYTHING related to me or my site, please use the contact page.
Thanks, and look forward to seeing you around!